Digital marketing is a very skillful and talented field. It requires lot of dedication along understanding of latest trends, market studies and competitor analysis. A digital marketer is a person who qualifies in all these with expertise and taste of years. There have been numerous success stories where dying businesses have gained a new life. While, there are many other cases, where digital marketing failed.
But, do you know the reasons why your company fails in digital marketing? Here are some enlisted to guide you through some common mistakes that lead to this failure:
1. You don’t get it right: The main motive and process of digital marketing is not known to many people and thus, they believe that it is a failure. To get a work done, you should be aware of the best practices of digital marketing and choose the ones that suit your business the best.
2. You invest in a website that is not worth: Your website is the place where the customer interacts with your business and tries to analyse you as a business. A good and well tailored website will always attract people to get engaged and visit back again. But, if you have not got your website built properly and is missing customer attraction, then even a digital marketing strategy can’t help. Many businesses think that fetching attraction via facebook and google ads, social media campaigns etc will give them great business opportunity, but this is entirely wrong. A website, that is lacking attraction will actually make your visitors to go to your competitors and compare you to them.
3. No planned strategy: You simply hire digital marketing because you want to or are told to. This is not the right way. When you feel to bring digital marketing into picture for your business, you need to be well planned and prepared in your mind for what you actually need to get done. Also, you should actively participate in planning strategies and future campaigns by your digital marketing team.
4. Hire any digital marketing team: Well, do you think it’s that simple. You hire digital marketing team to enhance your business and this responsibility should only be given into trusted, reputed and experienced hands. As said earlier, digital marketing requires skills and creativity in understanding market to grow and excel. A few important things to look in a digital marketing team before giving a contract are:
- Look for a well reputed team that has good value in the market
- The team should have specialists and experienced personnel, who are well versed with the digital markets and their success formula
- Be clear in understanding the payment policies to avoid any hidden charges and read all documents before signing any NDA(non disclosure agreement).
- Don’t simply give away any of your documents and official credentials.
Not just these, but you need to be sure that your team has all the following required specialties
- A expert Digital Marketing Strategist
- Creative digital content writer
- Digital designer
- SEO specialist
- SEO Expert
- Website programmer.
- Social media specialist
5. You think that outsourcing is only what you need to do: If you are thinking so, you are making a big mistake. Just hiring a digital marketing team doesn’t end your task. You need to be proactive in being with this team from beginning till the end. Also, one thing worth noting here is that the digital marketing team will not perform your entire business cycle. They shall only come into play for the digital marketing part and rest is your work.
6. Expect quick results: Do you know that digital marketing is a tedious job? Yes, it is no simple. A good digital marketing team will never waste your investments. There is a series of analysis, plans and procedures that are to be followed before final execution. The digital marketing team will consider all these aspects and plan accordingly. A digital marketing campaign launched today will start showing impact from around 3 months to maybe a year.
7. You ignore content: Content is the first and the foremost thing that anyone shall see on your website to know you. Not just this, the digital nuggets – the keywords that help you rank higher are incorporated in the content itself. Also, the content on your website needs to be optimized according to these keywords, so that the clients to your website find you easily. Furthermore, the content in form of blogs and articles are a great source to give backlinks to your website and ultimately rank higher at google rankings.
Digital marketing is a wonderful asset in this digital world to rank your businesses higher and attract more and more customers. The only important thing is that you choose the right partner and stay completely involved in each phase of SEO run campaign, analyse and track timely reports and participate in future plans. Another important thing is that you should give ample time to the digital marketing team to show you successful results and not hurry.
Eneet Kaur is a professional content marketer and formally working at SEO Experts company India. Writing is her strong passion and she has written quality blogs for many high – auditorial blog sites. She is a spontaneous learner in her field of internet marketing. Apart from that, she has a great knowledge of Online Reputation Management, Quality Link Building Tech Consultancy, etc.